Megan Mahan Fletcher is a
and lover of
Not sure what to make of content strategy? Here's a tidy definition:Content strategy plans for the creation, publication, and governance of useful, usable content. "Content" is more than words on a page -- it encompasses anything with which your users interface. Think videos, mobile apps, email, digital ads, etc.While no two projects are the same, a typical process for a new website usually includes the following steps:
- Figure out client challenges and goals.
- Conduct a landscape analysis and mine existing data for insights that could influence Web content.
- Take stock of current content via an inventory, which opens the discussion for what should be created, revised or omitted.
- Need new or updated brand messaging? We do that here.
- Work with the design and usability gurus to construct rough wireframes and a sitemap to illustrate the architecture of a website.
- Research. Write. Copyedit. All with an eye toward keyword optimization, link building, and creating content that helps users accomplish the intended goal.
- Move approved content into a CMS.
- QA once design and development wrap up.
- Deploy! Celebrate with cocktails.
- Work with analytics to make ongoing tweaks to content as needed.
If it involves writing or organizing content on the Web, Megan can help. Specifically, her services cover:
- Content strategy and information architecture
- Copywriting, editing and proofreading for Web, mobile and social media
- Research and substantiation
- Media monitoring and rapid response communications
- Communications strategy (i.e. integrating digital efforts with earned and paid media)
Megan has led communications strategy on multi-million dollar campaigns, handled website re-architectures and created content for dozens of websites, mobile apps and social sites.Megan is also the co-founder of Commit Threads, an independent t-shirt shop for athletes and sports lovers. (Her pick: The Classic.) When she’s not making websites or t-shirts, Megan can be found at her local CrossFit box, or training her new pup Maeby.
Other vital stats:
Megan has worked as part of in-house marketing teams, revamped brand messaging for up and coming brands, handled content strategy and copywriting for some of the most recognizable brands, and led communications strategy for a major energy client during the debate on climate change.
Project: Website RearchitectureThe South Carolina Department of Commerce wanted to organize their myriad resources to be more user-friendly to new and existing business managers. Services: Content strategy, UI, copyediting.
Project: 12-month Advocacy CampaignThe National Restaurant Association sought support on Capitol Hill by profiling its research and target initiatives over a 12-month period, using a series of print ads and companion digital ads. Services: Concept creation (Food For Thought), print and companion ad copywriting
Project: Motion Graphics VideoA simple motion graphics video to kick off a new branded YouTube channel and support the broader “Health. Join In.” campaign. Services: Scriptwriting
Project: Website RedesignA small but mighty enterprise solutions company needed a website redesign to reflect their expertise and compete for larger government IT contracts. Services: Brand messaging, UI, copywriting, case study creation